Sunday, February 13, 2005

Browser Speed Comparisons

Slashdot | Browser Speed Comparisons: "Internet browser speed tests for 'cold starts', 'warm starts', rendering CSS, rendering tables, script execution, displaying multiple images and 'history'. 'Opera seems to be the fastest browser for Windows. Firefox is not faster than Internet Explorer, except for scripting, but for standards support, security and features, it is a better choice.'"

Firefox may only win speed awards for its script processing, but the use of tabbed navigation and Firefox's wonderful mouse gestures makes my personal experience with the browser much more speedy than using Internet Explorer. And with the reduced number of times I have to reload the browser due to crashing (as I used to do so often with IE), I've saved a ton of time right there.

To me, increased productivity = speed, too!

No comments: