Saturday, October 23, 2004

America's Most Connected Campuses

Slashdot linked to an interesting little article over on Forbes.com - "This second annual edition of The Princeton Review's 25 Most Connected Campuses examines the technological capabilities of the country's best schools and tells you which campuses are on the cutting edge."

The Top 10:
  1. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
  2. Bryant University
  3. DePauw University
  4. Temple University
  5. University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
  6. Cornell University
  7. Duquesne University
  8. The Catholic University of America
  9. University of Pennsylvania
  10. University of Georgia
Ahhh UGA - I dreamed of moving to Athens and going to the University of Georgia once upon a time. Having turned 30 the other day though, I guess my college residential days are long gone!

I teach at a community college, and I sure do wish our campus was "cutting edge" - or any edge at all! I guess I should not complain. We finally got a couple WiFi hotspots on campus this semester (of course none in my building or anywhere that they'd do me any actual good). I hear the signal strength on them is crap anyway, so I don't know what I think I'm wishing for.

I sure sound grumpy tonight don't I?! Yeup, it's time for bed. (I know, I said that last post....)

Here's a link to that full Forbes article.

No comments: