Saturday, November 13, 2004

Crazy Like a Firefox

ClickZ.com: Crazy Like a Firefox: "Fans of Mozilla's free, open-source Firefox browser make the ardent Apple faithful look like a bunch of slackers. Their community-generated Spread Firefox (SFX) campaign, launched less than two months ago, is already one of the watershed campaigns in interactive marketing history. It's helped generate over a million downloads per day since Firefox went out of beta on Tuesday; registered over 25,000 volunteer marketers; encouraged about 100,000 Web sites to display promotional buttons and banners; generated wall-to-wall coverage in the blogosphere and mainstream media; and raised a quarter of a million dollars for a full-page ad in The New York Times."

Wooohoooooo! I'm crazy like a Firefox!! I love it I love it I love it! :) It makes me giggle with glee to see people band together to promote a great product. (I also have a tendency to root for the underdog, and with Microsoft and Internet Explorer playing the role of The Man, I'm all too happy to root for Firefox!) I might be their biggest cheerleader of all times...

No comments: